Master in Big Data & Business Analytics in English
- Full Time
- Young Professional
- Oct. 2023
- 10 months
This master's degree is taught in ENGLISH
Nowadays, the digitization of companies require them to deal with a huge amount of data that they need to manage and analyse effectively, all with the aim of making better decisions and growing the companies in the highly competitive environment in which they operate. Therefore, organizations increasingly demand professional profiles qualified in the fields of Data Analysis, Data Science and Big Data.
The Master in Big Data & Business Analytics of EAE Business School Madrid will give you an in-depth understanding of all the technological tools and elements related to Big Data, enabling you to manage large amounts of data efficiently and, therefore, make optimal strategic decisions.
Moreover, this Master will help you develop and enhance your professional profile, thereby enabling you to set yourself apart in the current landscape, with an innovative profile that is in high demand.
Upon successful completion of your programme, you will be awarded the Master in Big Data & Business Analytics in English by EAE Business School Madrid.
Enroll now and start enjoying your career boosting plan.*
From the moment of your enrollment we will start working together in the materialization of your professional project through a personalized development plan. Are you going to miss it? Request information and we will explain it to you.
*This service applies only to on-site programs.
Reasons to take this master
- In-house business incubator: Through our own business incubator, EAE Lab, you will have access to the learning resources, financing and guidance required to transform promising ideas into real business ventures.
- Specialist Software: You will have access to free licences and Data Warehousing, Analytics and Machine Learning tools and technologies, with the opportunity to use software such as Microsoft and Qlik tools, and languages including SQL and Python.
- Business Networking: This Master gives you the opportunity to expand your network of professional contacts, through meetings with executives from leading companies in the sector, such as Cabify and SAP, to name just a couple.
- Expert faculty: Our lecturers know the reality of the business world as they are executives and professionals working in the field, Moreover, they share key insights through their research and publications.
- Theory put into practice: By studying real cases and putting your knowledge into practice, you will develop your critical thinking and decision-making capacity in order to resolve problems.
QS Masters Ranking 2021/22
El Economista Ranking 2022
Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2021/22
- Foundations of Big Data - 6 ECTS
- Intro to big data
- Data structures
- Storage systems
- Technological solutions
- Data Processing - 6 ECTS
- Introduction to cloud technologies and services in big data: infrastructures, types, development and deployment of applications
- Development of scalable applications
- Big Data processing types to model business logic
- Cloud Computing - 6 ECTS
- Infrastructure virtualization: Local infrastructure vs Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Public Cloud vs Private Cloud, Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Statistics and data mining - 6 ECTS
- Description and modeling of complex data
- Bayesian learning
- Probabilistic graphical models
- Probability density
- Time series
- Data mining
- Data visualization - 6 ECTS
- Data visualization: theoretical concepts, tools, types of visualization according to analysis needs, dashboards, layout and result export
- Business intelligence and digital transformation - 6 ECTS
- Analysis of new business environments
- Business Intelligence: conceptualization, scope, design, indicators, methodology, systems, architecture and components
- ETL tools and techniques
- Data warehouses
- Reporting with Business Intelligence
- Executive Information Systems (EIS) and Decision Support Systems (DSS)
- Enterprise Project Management
- Data science and decision-making - 6 ECTS
- Competitive environment and competitive intelligence
- Indicators, reports and scorecards
- Balanced Scorecard
- Strategy maps
- Financial analysis with big data
- Customer-centric strategy: CRM and business performance measurement systems: BPM
- Innovation, digital leadership, agile environments and sustainability - 6 ECTS
- Innovation: what it is, how it is generated (learning organizations), how it is managed
- Agile methodologies
- Design thinking
- High performance teams
- Digital and agile leadership
- New agile, digital and sustainable business models
- Choose the course that you want to take and which will expand your range of future professional prospects - 10 ECTS
- Final Master's Thesis - 12 ECTS
At EAE Business School Madrid, as a school committed to innovation and transformation, we have created an optional specialization program, in an online format, that you can take at the end of your Master.
This educational model gives you the opportunity to acquire new skills and an individualized qualification to set yourself apart in the labour market by enhancing your professional profile.
You will have the option to choose the Minor that best suits your needs.
3 Territories to conquer
1. Technological and business innovation
You will learn to apply Big Data to the reality of the business world.
2. Business Intelligence based on Data Analytics
You will develop the technological and management competencies required to lead teams and projects in the field of Data Analytics.
3. Big Data Tools
You will gain an in-depth understanding of key tools used for data analysis in the modern business world.
Professional prospects and entry profile
What you study here and now will have an impact on your career tomorrow. Start imagining your future and take a look at some of the professional prospects that await you.
- Chief Data Officer (CDO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Big Data Consultant
- Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
- Project Management for BI Projects
- Digital Transformation Manager
The profile of students who take the Master in Big Data & Business Analytics is very diverse, although candidates tend to be graduates of certain qualifications, preferably from the fields of engineering or science, such as those listed below, who will have acquired certain knowledge, attitudes and initial capacities that ensure their suitability for the Master:
- Data Science
- Computer Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
In addition, the Master is designed for university graduates with the following qualifications:
- Economic Sciences
- Business Sciences
- Business Administration and Management