This master's degree is taught in ENGLISH
The current economic landscape of uncertainty requires professionals with a sound understanding of the financial sphere in order to make optimal decisions, reduce risks and detect new opportunities.
The Master in Finance of EAE Business School Madrid gives you the necessary insight by combining the two big areas of work in the world of Finance: Consultancy and Management. You will enhance your profile with courses on the aspects that define a top finance professional: analysis of the economic environment and financial markets, ethical and financial foundations, and fixed and variable-income assets, among other factors.
Of course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of financial consultancy, which requires knowledge of the different financial products and acquiring the key factors to build the most suitable products for each client.
Throughout the program, you will be accompanied by leading professionals from the sector, as the syllabus of the Master has been developed by an advisory body of executives from top companies, who guarantee that the academic content is fully aligned with the reality of the business world.
OFFICIAL MASTER´S DEGREE**
On successful completion of your program, you will receive a double qualification: the Master in Finance in English from EAE Business School and the University Master in Financial Advice and Planning* from the Universidad Internacional de la Empresa (UNIE)
*Official qualification recognized by the Ministry of Education of Colombia, SUNEDU and SENESCYT.
** New university enrolment places in English in the process of verification.
Enroll now and start enjoying your career boosting plan.*
From the moment of your enrollment we will start working together in the materialization of your professional project through a personalized development plan. Are you going to miss it? Request information and we will explain it to you.
*This service applies only to on-site programs.
Reasons to take this master
- Prestigious Partners: EAE Business School is an educational institution associated with one of Spain’s leading accounting associations: AECA (Spanish Association of Company Accounting and Administration).
- Advisory Board: The Master’s syllabus has been developed with the support of a consultative body formed of professionals from leading companies, such as La Caixa, Endesa and Unilever, which guarantees that the academic content is adapted to the reality business world.
- Global vision: With an executive perspective and thinking in financial terms, you will gain a comprehensive overview of the entire financial cycle.
- Business networking: The Master gives you the opportunity to expand your network of contacts, meeting executives from leading companies, such as Google and Vodafone, among many others.
- EAE Entrepreneur: If you have an entrepreneurial drive, our business incubator, EAE Lab, will give your the learning resources, financing and guidance required to drive your business venture forward.
- True Potential Experience: Enjoy an experience that combines the Master in Finance in English with a Personalized Professional Development Plan, guided by a True Potential Advisor, who will help you find, focus and develop your true potential.
Ranking MERCO TALENTO 2022
"EdUniversal" Ranking 2022
Ranking “El Mundo” 2022
Ethical and Financial Foundations – 6 ECTS
- Temporary value of money.
- Capitalization laws.
- Financial discounting.
- Spot and forward interest rates.
- Financial incomes.
- Basic concepts in statistics. Descriptive statistics. Time series analysis. Index numbers.
- Regulatory compliance.
- European Union directives.
- The EFPA Code of Ethics.
- Investment and financing decisions. Key tools.
Analysis of the Economic Environment and Financial Markets - 6 ECTS
- Introduction: The financial system. Components: (intermediaries, assets and markets, national and international regulation).
- Monetary policy: strategies and objectives of monetary policy, and central banks’ instruments to implement it.
- Large payment systems. The EMU’s Target system.
- Assessment of the economic situation based on macroeconomic foundations, cycle theory and short-term economic indicators. Interpretation of financial markets.
- Introduction to financial markets through the currency and monetary markets. Setting exchange rates and short-term interest rates, agents and operations
Fixed Income Securities Market - 6 ECTS
- Characteristics of fixed income products.
- Structure of fixed income markets.
- Rating: concept and classifications.
- Yield curve.
- Valuation of fixed income products.
- Measuring and managing interest-rate risk for fixed income assets.
- Risks associated with fixed income products.
- Financial futures on fixed income products.
- Fixed income portfolio management.
Equity Securities Market - 6 ECTS
- Characteristics of equities and structure of the stock market.
- Fundamental analysis I. Introduction to fundamental analysis and financial operations.
- Fundamental analysis II. Valuation and stock market ratios.
- Technical analysis.
- Corporate operations.
Derivative instruments – 6 ECTS
- Derivative financial products. Risk management. Organized markets and OTC. Functions of derivatives.
- Financial futures. Characteristics, valuation, underlying products. Speculation.
- Coverage and arbitrage with futures
- Financial options. Basic positions, price formation, the option Greeks.
- Replication of derivative products. Synthetic derivatives and arbitrages.
- Coverage with options.
- Strategies: trends, volatility and mixed strategies.
- Introduction to OTC markets,
- OTC financial markets: currencies, commodities.
- Exotic options.
- Guaranteed and structured products.
Financial Products - 6 ECTS
- Real estate investment funds and firms.
- Real estate investment.
- Pensions and retirement planning.
- Complementary investments.
Investment Selection - 6 ECTS
- Performance risk and framework.
- Efficient capital markets.
- Portfolio theory.
- Asset allocation process.
- Results measurement and attribution.
- Reporting performance to clients.
Financial advice and planning– 6 ECTS
- Tax framework.
- Taxation of financial operations.
- Tax planning.
Financial Consultancy and Planning
- Banking models and management.
- Financial consultancy in customer banking.
- Consultancy in financial innovation products.
- Elija el curso que desee realizar y que amplíe su abanico de perspectivas profesionales futuras - 10 ECTS
- Prácticas académicas externas - 6 ECTS
- Trabajo de Fin de Máster - 6 ECTS
At EAE Business School Madrid, as a school committed to innovation and transformation, we have created an optional specialization program, in an online format, that you can take at the end of your Master.
This educational model gives you the opportunity to acquire new skills and an individualized qualification to set yourself apart in the labour market by enhancing your professional profile.
You will have the option to choose the Minor that best suits your needs.
3 Territories to conquer
1. Strategic vision
You will obtain a strategic vision of finance, aligning it with the company's global strategy.
2. Financial instruments
You will master the techniques, instruments and tools used in business finance management.
3. Managerial leadership
You will develop the necessary skills to make financial decisions in line with the company's strategic objectives. You will learn to lead from the financial advisor's point of view.
Professional prospects and entry profile
What you study here and now will have an impact on your career tomorrow. Start imagining your future and take a look at some of the professional prospects that await you.
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Marketing Director
- Commercial Director
- Product Manager
- Brand Manager
- Category manager
- Key Account Manager
- Direct Marketing Manager
- Trade Marketing Manager
- Marketing Technician
- Commercial Technician
The master's degree is preferably aimed at university graduates in the following areas:
- Economic and Business Sciences
- Business Sciences
- Business Administration and Management
- Market Research and Techniques
In any case, students who wish to access the master's degree with a previous degree other than those indicated above or who have not taken official master's degrees that include the fundamentals of these degrees, must take complementary courses to improve their knowledge in basic and specific subjects of marketing management. These training complements will be compulsory and will be taken before the first semester of the master's degree.