This master's degree is taught in SPANISH
Nowadays, events organization is a strategic pillar underpinning the growth and positioning of a corporate identity. Both big and small companies need professionals equipped to oversee integrated strategic communication.
Organizations are increasingly gaining a fuller overview of the impacts of hosting an event, from the economic and social aspects right through to environmental considerations.
With this in mind, the Master in Events Management and Organization of EAE Business School Madrid gives you a holistic vision of events management, gaining key multidisciplinary throughout the program in relation to the management, organization and implementation or every aspect of an event effectively and efficiently.
Participants on the Master have the option to specialize in Protocol or MICE Tourism (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing & Exhibitions), or to acquire a global overview of the two areas, if they prefer.
As a result, at the end of the program, successful graduates will have the qualification of Master in Events Management and Organization, majoring in Protocol or in MICE Tourism.
OFFICIAL MASTERS DEGREE
On successful completion of your program, you will receive a double qualification: the Master in Events Management and Organization from EAE Business School and the Master in Events Management and Organization from the Universidad Internacional de la Empresa (UNIE)
*Official degree recognized by the Ministry of Education of Colombia and SUNEDU.
Enroll now and start enjoying your career boosting plan.*
From the moment of your enrollment we will start working together in the materialization of your professional project through a personalized development plan. Are you going to miss it? Request information and we will explain it to you.
*This service applies only to on-site programs.
Reasons to take this master
- Global vision: You will become a professional with a holistic overview, using a multidisciplinary to manage events efficiently.
- Expert Panel: Faculty formed of acclaimed academics and renowned Event Management professionals, developing skills from first-hand application in events.
- Prestigious partners: EAE Business School Madrid works with Spain’s leading communication associations: DIRCOM, ADECEC, CORPORATE EXCELLENCE, AM and AEA.
- Business Networking: A unique opportunity to build a network of contacts by developing relationships with you classmates and lecturers specializing in your area of interest.
- Specialization: We give you the chance to map out your future. This Master gives you the option to choose between two specialization programs: Protocol, focusing on the creation, management and supervision of different types of events and ceremonies; or MICE Tourism, gaining insight into running tourism events with an emphasis on reducing seasonality.
- True Potential Experience: Enjoy an experience that combines the Master in Events Management and Organization with a Personalized Professional Development Plan, guided by a True Potential Advisor, who will help you find, focus and develop your true potential.
El Economista Ranking 2021
El Economista Ranking 2022
MERCO TALENT Ranking 2022
- Organization of events and ceremonies – 6 ECTS
- Global conceptualization global: The origin and need for an event.
- General vision of the event.
- Event concept. Essential elements of every event.
- Event linked to a brand.
- Key players.
- Event content: 360º vision.
- Importance of sustainability in events.
- Event Design and Production – 3 ECTS
- Event design.
- Creativity in event production.
- Experience generation.
- Current trends in event design and production.
- Event production: Space design, technical elements and materials, graphic arts, celebrities.
- Project management and presentation.
- Supplier management.
- Budgetary control.
- Staff management.
- Event program and content.
- Safety and applicable legislation.
- New channels. Online Event Organization and Creation – 3 ECTS
- Presentation and introduction of new channels.
- Need for online events.
- Types of online events.
- Online event planning.
- Online event creation process.
- Tools for creating an online event.
- Control and security of online events.
- Executive Skills in Events Management – 3 ECTS
- Emotional intelligence and its use in teams.
- Time management.
- Presentations: Speaking in public.
- Meeting organization.
- Negotiation techniques.
- Team leadership and motivation.
- Interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge management.
- Social skills.
- Expression techniques.
- Event strategy, planning and evaluation – 6 ECTS
- Event preparation and communication plan.
- Setting general and specific objectives.
- Strategic target definition.
- Budget planning.
- Creative concept design.
- Work timeline or schedule.
- Results evaluation and analysis tools.
- Financing, Sponsorship and Budget Management – 3 ECTS
- Financial planning of an event.
- The event as an investment project.
- Key concepts: Profitability, profit, sustainability.
- Project costs and structure.
- Financial risks of an event.
- Event financing: Own/external resources.
- Sponsorship, patronage and partnership.
- Measuring the ROI of sponsorship.
- Communication through new channels. Inbound Marketing and Web Environment – 6 ECTS
- Inbound marketing: Website, contents and social media.
- Web: Communication and digital distribution.
- New components of the digital mix.
- Official Protocol – 6 ECTS
- The concept of protocol.
- Official protocol in the Executive, Legislative and Judiciary branches.
- Protocol in the Spanish Royal Family and military protocol.
- Official protocol in the Government.
- Social Protocol – 6 ECTS
- The origin of social protocol and etiquette.
- Etiquette at social events.
- Greetings and introductions.
- At the table.
- Social correspondence, courtesy and gifts.
- Business Protocol – 6 ECTS
- Protocol and the company.
- Internal protocol manual.
- Classification and organization of company events.
- Company visits and their organization.
- Company meetings. Protocol and types of meeting.
- MICE and Business Tourism Events Organization MICE – 12 ECTS
- The importance of events and business tourism in urban destinations.
- Analysis and strategy formulation for attracting business meeting and events in international markets, and business opportunities.
- Meeting management and organization: Conferences, forums, seminars and conventions.
- Congress organization: Project stages, logistical needs, programs, congress protocol.
- Trade fair organization. Project creation for organizing a trade fair. Needs, production, logistics.
- Participation in a trade fair as an exhibitor: From the brief to active participation in a trade fair. Exhibitors’ manual.
- Themed Events – 6 ECTS
- Sports events. Characteristics, planning and organization. Sporting federations and rules of the sport.
- Protocol in sport: Prize ceremonies.
- Social events: Anniversaries, gala, prize ceremonies. Weddings: Organization and protocol.
- Concerts and festivals. Musical events, venue characteristics and organization depending on the type of music, capacity and audience profile.
- Choose the course that you want to take and which will expand your range of future professional prospects – 10 ECTS
- Company Internship – 6 ECTS
- Master’s Thesis – 6 ECTS
At EAE Business School Madrid, as a school committed to innovation and transformation, we have created an optional specialization program, in an online format, that you can take at the end of your Master.
This educational model gives you the opportunity to acquire new skills and an individualized qualification to set yourself apart in the labour market by enhancing your professional profile.
You will have the option to choose the Minor that best suits your needs.
3 Territories to conquer
1. Strategic Vision
Acquire the knowledge required to obtain a clear overview of the opportunities and risks involved in organizing events in terms of sustainability and social impact.
Develop the skills needed to lead each process within events organization, for both institutional and events.
3. Events organization
Distinguish between political organizations and different cultural uses to apply them to events organization.
María Nuño de la Rosa
Partner en Bbrand. Organizadora de eventos, ferias y congresos en GRUPO BURKE 2025. Organización de eventos y speaker en 20 MONOS publicidad y marketing.
Expert in traditional marketing, digital marketing and inbound marketing. International career in multinationals such as Mondelez, Heineken and Altris. Degree in Economics and Business Administration, and Master in Sales and Marketing Management from the Instituto de Empresa.
Mencía de Garcillán
Marketing Director of Laboratorios Esseka, S.L.
President of the International Institute in Security Studies and Vice President of the International Institute of Protocol.
Professional prospects and entry profile
What you study here and now will have an impact on your career tomorrow. Start imagining your future and take a look at some of the professional prospects that await you.
- Executive Events Director
- Conference Centre Manager
- Venue Manager
- Event Planner
- Public House Manager
- Digital Event Communication Specialist
- Protocol Specialist
- Cultural Event Campaign Organizers and Managers
The Master in Events Management and Organization is open to students with a very diverse range of access profiles, including graduates with a Bachelor Degree in the field of social sciences, technical qualifications, or humanities with a broad selection of specializations.
However, the Master is primarily designed for graduates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Protocol and Events Organization (or similar titles)
- Bachelor Degree in Tourism
- Bachelor Degree in Journalism
- Bachelor Degree in Advertising and Public Relations
- Bachelor Degree in Communication (or similar titles)
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and Management
- Bachelor Degree in Economics
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Teaching or Sociology
- The former University Diplomas and other undergraduate qualifications in economics and business.
- Postgraduate students who have completed official Master programs that include the fundamental aspects of these qualifications.
Moreover, to be suitable for this qualification, it is advisable that the student shows an interest in aspects related to event management, creation and planning, as well as aptitudes in terms of creativity, innovation and motivation for lifelong learning.