This master's degree is taught in SPANISH
New technologies and devices are changing the world. This digital transformation generates a huge volume of data which, if processed correctly, can be transformed into valuable information.
Nowadays, this sector requires both profiles equipped to implement data visualization and warehousing technologies, and professionals who can manage and interpret this data in the most efficient possible way.
The Part-Time Master in Big Data & Analytics of EAE Business School Madrid combines technology and management, enabling you to gain an overview of the application of new technologies routinely used in companies and how we can transform any modern sector.
This program will enable you to lead technological projects, anticipate future scenarios and form part of the cutting edge of a sector that offer great professional prospects.
You will take part in meetings with executives from leading companies who will help you boost your professional career, with the support of the business school.
Moreover, you will have access to free licences and the latest technologies and tools, adding even greater value to your studies.
On successful completion of your program, you will receive a double qualification: the Master in Big Data & Analytics from EAE Business School and the Master in Big Data & Analytics by the Universidad Internacional de la Empresa (UNIE)
Enroll now and start enjoying your career boosting plan.*
From the moment of your enrollment we will start working together in the materialization of your professional project through a personalized development plan. Are you going to miss it? Request information and we will explain it to you.
*This service applies only to on-site programs.
Reasons to take this master
- Big data tools: You will gain a command of the key tools currently used for analysing data.
- Employment partner executive: With the support of the business school, you will increase your professional projection and boost your employability to the maximum.
- Top Class Networking: Your network of contacts will expand dramatically. You will grow professionally alongside your classmates and will meet senior management professionals from leading companies, such as Nielsen, Cepsa, Cabify, Volvo and Schneider Electric, among others.
- Support Tools: You will have access to free licences and the technologies associated to data analysis, as well as tools and languages, such as SQL and Python. These tools and knowledge will round off your studies and tuition.
- Syllabus: A board of executives from leading companies has helped develop the program’s syllabus, including professionals from multinationals such as PepsiCo, Nike, DHL, Danone, Accenture, Fujitsu, Grupo Planeta and Mango. Their input ensures that the contents of the program are fully aligned with the reality of the professional world.
- True Potential Experience: Enjoy an experience that combines the Part- Time Master in Big Data & Analytics with a Personalized Professional Development Plan, guided by a True Potential Advisor, who will help you find, focus and develop your true potential.
QS Masters Ranking 2021/22
El Economista Ranking 2022
Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2021/22
- Foundations of Big Data Technology - 6 ECTS
- Big Data Technology.
- Introduction to Big Data: processing, analysis and visualization.
- Data sources in Big Data environments.
- Data structures and technologies for selecting useful data. Data quality criteria in Big Data.
- Tracking, processing, indexing and retrieval techniques for structured and unstructured information.
- Warehousing systems for Big Data.
- Big Data Technological solutions.
- Security risks and measures in Big Data. Legislation and Big Data.
- Intellectual property in relation to the development of Big Data projects.
- Privacy and Big Data.
- Big Data processing - 6 ECTS
- Data management: basic concepts and foundations.
- Introduction to Big Data processing: infrastructures, types, development and applications.
- Application deployment. Development of scalable applications.
- Types of Big Data processing for modelling business logic.
- High-level models, architectures, tools and languages for Big Data processing.
- Cloud computing - 6 ECTS
- Cloud computing: basic concepts and foundations.
- Introduction to cloud technologies and services in Big Data analysis.
- Infrastructure virtualization: Local vs Cloud infrastructure, Public vs Private Cloud, Hybrid clouds, Federated clouds.
- Cloud services: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Containers: Containers vs virtual machines, Standardized containers, Docker Containers.
- Development and application deployment for the cloud.
- Deployment automation tools.
- Advanced statistics and data mining - 6 ECTS
- Data mining: theoretical concepts and foundations.
- Complex data description and modelling techniques.
- Data mining models: Evaluation and selection.
- Optimization for large volumes of data.
- Data pre-processing techniques.
- Classification methods.
- Recommendation systems.
- Data visualization - 6 ECTS
- Visualization: theoretical concepts and foundations.
- Data visualization tools.
- Types of data visualization according to analysis needs.
- Dynamic data visualization.
- Filtering, recapping and summarizing information.
- Structuring and characterizing distributions.
- Visualization tools: selection of a dataset, publication, standard use of libraries.
- Dashboard design using visualization tools.
- Layouts and exporting the result of visualization to a PDF file, Bitmaps and SVG.
- Business Intelligence solutions - 6 ECTS
- Business Intelligence.
- Analysis of the new business landscape.
- Information formats for strategic and tactical decisions.
- Business Intelligence systems.
- Indicators for business modelling.
- Business Intelligence system and conceptualization and design.
- Methodology for the development and administration of the life cycle of Business Intelligence solutions.
- Business Intelligence.
- Reporting with Business Intelligence.
- Data Science for strategic decision-making - 6 ECTS
- Competitive environment, competitive intelligence and Business Intelligence.
- Information as the base for strategic decision-making.
- Strategy design and simulation.
- Indicators, reports and dashboards.
- Customer-centric strategy and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Financial analysis with Big Data.
- Innovation, digital leadership, agile environments and sustainability - 6 ECTS
- Introduction to Innovation: basic concepts and foundations.
- Different innovation models.
- Innovation ecosystems.
- Organization, Leadership and Culture: basic concepts and foundations.
- Introduction to Agility: basic concepts and foundations.
- Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Introduction to Sustainability: basic concepts and foundations.
- Big Data and digitization.
- Challenges and opportunities of Big Data as a tool for innovation and sustainability.
- Choose the course that you want to take and which will expand your range of future professional prospects - 10 ECTS
- Master’s Thesis - 15 ECTS
At EAE Business School Madrid, as a school committed to innovation and transformation, we have created an optional specialization program, in an online format, that you can take at the end of your Master.
This educational model gives you the opportunity to acquire new skills and an individualized qualification to set yourself apart in the labour market by enhancing your professional profile.
You will have the option to choose the Minor that best suits your needs.
3 Territories to conquer
1. Technological and business innovation
You will gain a full understanding of the technological and business application of Big Data.
2. Developing technological competencies
You will develop the technological and management competencies required to lead teams and projects in the field of Data Analytics.
3. Big Data Tools
You will become proficient in the use of key tools for data analysis in the modern business world.
Industrial Engineering Diploma from the Universidad de Valladolid, MBA from ICAI-ICADE, Master and PhD in Nuclear Engineering from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
Master in Biomedical Engineering from VILNIUS TECH - Vilnius Gediminas Technical University.
Miguel Sempere Navarro
Industrial Engineering Diploma from IPV, and Master in Data Science from CUNEF.
Javier Poole Pérez-Palencia
Founder of Visual Futures. Civil Engineering Diploma from the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
Unai Obieta Jiménez
Telecommunications Engineer & Executive MBA, expert in Technology, Systems, Digital and Data Strategy.
Julio Mateu Pascual
He has also held the position of Product Manager at Telefónica and has worked in other companies such as Altran or Vodafone. He has a Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering from the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and an EMBA from IE.
Tomas Iglesias Meléndez
Professional prospects and entry profile
What you study here and now will have an impact on your career tomorrow. Start imagining your future and take a look at some of the professional prospects that await you.
- Human Resources Manager
- Chief Data Officer (CDO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Big Data Consultant
- Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
- Project Management for BI Projects
- Digital Transformation Manager
For access to the Master of Lifelong Learning in Big Data & Analytics candidates must be, at least, in one of the following circumstances:
To be in possession of a Bachelor's Degree or an Engineering, Bachelor's Degree, Architecture, Diploma or Technical Engineering and Architecture of the previous study ordination. To be in possession of a Bachelor's Degree, Diploma or Degree.